THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Creative Catch-Up

Today is my "catch-up" day!
I made another 6x6 page for my "Proverbs to live by" book for the BVC09 Challenge! I had a "vision" for this page. I saw the verse and knew exactly what stamp I wanted to use. I envisioned it in a "spotlight" frame, so I decided to play around with it. I needed somthing simple and quick and I am quite pleased with what I came out with.

I wanted a small purse to carry when I didn't have the diaper bag, but couldn't find anything I liked (that wasn't $50!). That's when I came up with this purse I made. I bought 3 bandanas and sewed them together... iron on a star, add a strap and taa-daa!
I had made some of these books and magnets for my Sunday School class, but this time we have a man for our "guide" this go-round, so I had to tweak them and make a more masculine one. I really like how it came out. I think I may make one for me!
Last but not least..
Randy chose to make these for his school Valentine's Cards. I gave them the option to buy some in the stores, but they both chose to make them again. (they are my boys, after all!!!)
In school, they have been learning about the Chinese New Year and they learned how to write "love" in chinese. When Randy saw this stamp on my shelf, he said he knew exactly what he wanted to do! We crimped strips and wrapped them around Lik-em-aid and he's done!
Riley's are already finished, but he took them to school before I could get a picture!
He's toooo quick! I'm going to make some more for the kids to take to their Sunday School classes on Sunday, so I'll have a picture of them then. I've got a little project going for my Sunday School class, too.. but I haven't finished them yet.
My BIG project right now is a wedding cake for our church's re-newal of vows this weekend.
I'm doing a 3 tier wedding cake and 2 grooms cakes. Hopefully it will all work out! Be sure to check back after Saturday for pictures!!!

2 comments:

Angel said...

WOW! lots of cool stuff here! LOVE your purse! I sure wish I could sew! I'd make me a purse too. NOT TX of course as I have never lived there, but I love these little purses the wives are carrying made from old uniforms and hubby's patches. SO cool!
Your bookmark and notebook are awesome too! Did you get your spring card made?

Anonymous said...

Love them! I'm being creative today too and thought of you, so I decided to check out your updates! You never cease to amaze me with the creativity God has blessed you with!