On 16 August, my Grandmother left her earth-bound body for a home with no boundaries. She had a long battle with Alzheimers, strokes and poor health. She now is without restraints and dances in the Grand Ballroom with Grandpa. I like to believe he was waiting there for her with open arms as he did for the past 64 years before he died.
As I looked through Grandma's photo albums, I saw her in a light I had never seen her in before. The young High School senior sitting on the picnic table with her sweetheart (grandpa) as they enjoy their Senior Picnic in 1938. I like to think they are young and free again, like in those picutres and can only imagine what they have seen. To think she knows what we strive to learn and know about God.
She no longer is blind to the beautiful sights He will show her. She can hear the precious sounds around her. Her mind is quick and sharp as it once was, with nothing to hinder her memory. I don't know what awaits us after this life, but I like to think it is something we can't even begin to imagine and picture. Best of all, she is aware of the friends around her and the love they have for her. She also knows we love her and miss her, too.
In all of our sadness, we do have something to rejoice about. My cousin TJ is coming down for the funeral tomorrow! I haven't seen him in over 20 years. We have talked a couple time through emails, but I am SOOO excited to see him again!
Monday, August 18, 2008
Cycle of Life
Posted by ~Shade of my Heart~ at 3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. It sounds as if she led no ordinary life. What a blessing she must have been.
I am glad that you were able to return home to be with your family during this time. I know the loss is great, but God knows the exact time.
I lost my grandma a couple of years ago and I remember mourning the loss of such a woman of faith. But she too had battled her earthly body for over 10 years. She was certainly ready to go home.
It is my prayer that she would never be ashamed of the woman I am striving to be. And becuase I know who you really are, I know your grandma beams with pride as well.
Love you friend.
I am sorry to hear your sad news. I know you are glad you are there for your mom. Please give her a hug for me.
Great new blog name!
Post a Comment