THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Days, School Days

It's that time again.

To broaden horizons. Do things you only dreamed of doing. Go outside of your comfort zone. Take a chance at something new. Make some new friends. Grow braincells. Try new things. Succeed at life.

Oh, and the boys are starting school, too!
This year was a different start for us. We are still "homeless" and yet were able to enroll the boys in the school they will be attending when we finally move into housing. Luckily, we got assigned quarters and even though they won't tell us the house number, we were able to get a letter stating what area we would be in so that the boys could start. It also happens to be the same school where my mom works, so it all fell into place! She has been able to take them to school for me in the mornings so I don't have to wake the baby and Brodie and drive the 18 miles to the school.

The boys are both excited to start this year! We met their teachers last Thursday and it sounds like they will have fun year! Randy is in what is called a "cluster" class this year. It's a class for students who are doing above average work. They work at their own pace so they can advance as they grasp the concepts and not have to wait for the whole class to catch up. He loves to read and do math and science, so it's a great adventure for him! Riley is in Kindergarten again. We decided with the difficulties we had with him at West Point, and the big change in ciriculums from New York to Texas, it would be best to give him one more year to establish his foundations in school. I'd rather have him ahead in Kindergarten than behind for the rest of his school years! He is exicited that his teacher loves bugs, so it was love at first "bite!"

As for Brodie, Colt and I... we are taking the more relaxed course. However, as soon as we get a house, we will be working our little behinds off, I'm sure!

Even though we hate to see the summer end, here in Central Texas, it truly doesn't end till about mid-November, so there are still plenty of Summer Fun days left!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the boys look great! how exciting for new beginnings!

Angel said...

Aww... the boys look so handsome! Hope they get great teachers and have a wonderful year!

Mommahen said...

I can't get over how much Riley looks like his mom! Every year it is more and more evident. What a cutie!

I know life has kept you busy, but I've missed ya and I pray you're seeing some organization in the chaos that is life!