Right now I am SOOOO frustrated I just had to turn to the blog to vent! We are patiently waiting for a house as we live in a 1 bedroom hotel. They offered us a house on 3 May. Now, I know this is military housing, but this one is awful! Before we even get to see it they hand us a brochure saying "The Dangers of Lead Based Paint." GREAT!!!! So we go see it. There is paint peeling on the walls, door frames and doors. The heating units are along the floorboards and they are held up in places by DUCT TAPE which has been painted over. The rooms would qualify for walk-in closets in most "nice houses." The laudry room has the water heater as soon as you open the door and that is covered in rust. The back yard is a mud pit due to the recent rain....except the wooden porch which is protected by plastic sheeting. The "outside storage unit" door must be held up to even open it and the shelves inside are soaked due to the rain. It smells like a locker room that has been carpeted with dirty gym socks, which is probably good because it covers up the mold smell.
We are trying to put in for an exception to get into a house with central air due to Riley's severe allergies to mold, pollen and who knows what else here. We have to have a doctors test showing Riley's severity to these allergens and then have him write a letter stating he would benefit to live in a house with air and with central heat instead of "just open the windows to adjust your temperature." So I call the appointment line.. first avialable appointment... 18 MAY!!! AUGH!!!! I've called several times to the allergy clinic to explain the situation and all I get is a recording. Double AUGH!!! But now, I'm going to go spray the mold in the bathroom under the wallpaper that has peeled off with clorox and try to get the rust off of the kitchen sink handle. At least this is just temporary.. hopefully!!!
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Oh the woes of moving
Posted by ~Shade of my Heart~ at 12:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tracy, first off I am so glad to see you blogging!! Truly it is a great place to vent....read mine long enough and you will find I do it regularly.
Next I am so proud of you for finding your inner 5 year old. I know how difficult it can feel to reach out in such a way. You know me--I was NOT shy in college. Yet some how, now that I am a mom, I feel inadequate on so many levels that it makes it hard for me to reach out to ask for friends. So knowing how courageous I must become to do that I applaud you for getting right after the task of making new friends.
Finally, as far as housing goes. I am SOO sorry. We are not looking for military housing but looking for a new house just the same. It seems as if one after the other after the other just isn't suitable. I feel like if we want to pay to live in a match box we will simply stay here. Then I think "Man these people really don't want to sell their home because the asking price is WAAAYY more than the entire block is worth." But His timing is not our timing--as desperately as we want it to be, and there are many lessons for you to learn through this that you can in turn teach your children. At least that is what one of my friends keeps telling me upon every rejected home, or offer. Sometimes hearing that just doesn't comfort a whole lot. So let me tell you this...when you feel like crying do so, when you feel like venting do so, when you feel like screaming do so (into the pillow of course) and then hold desperately tight on to your children and remember they don't care where they live as long as it is with you. So enjoy your one bedroom--it's not cramped--it's cozy! Love ya girl!
I'm thinking about you and praying for you. Remember that God has a plan. I don't know what that is....but He does!
By the way....You've been tagged:
http://angel2stamp.wordpress.com/
Oh- did you know that only googlers can comment on your blog?
Post a Comment