THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

To be young again...

I sat at the park watching Riley play while waiting for Randy to get out of school and had to smile at something he did. This was only Riley's 2nd day of school and he walked up to a little boy in his class and asked as in all his 5 year old wisdom, "Can you be my friend?" The little boy didn't hesitate a bit as he said "Yes" and the two walked off to play on the slides. As I looked around the park at the mothers watching their young children, I had to wonder... when did we lose our innocence in finding friends? I long for a friend to talk to, yet would be considered "strange" if I were to walk up to a fellow mother and use my 5 year old's words! How brave our children are to put their faith in the unknown and jump into something new. As adults, we sometimes have to "judge" our fellow adults before we allow them into our close circle. We miss out on so many friends and fellowship opportunities by guarding ourselves too closely. With that being said, I actually approached the mother of Riley's new best friend today and asked her if there were playgroups for younger kids and mommies. I'm trying to find my inner 5 year old.. .can you?

0 comments: