THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 3, 2007

Card Swap Fun ~ 2



We did another card swap this past week and I'm excited to show what I came up with! I'm a little late in posting today because I have been getting ready for my mom to visit!! But I remember today was the day to post, so here it is...

The first one I went for a beach theme... Details (Thanks for the idea for "details" section, Angel.. hope you don't mind if I copy!!! If you don't want to read the details used to make the card, skip down to the larger font.)
The stamped images are from "Hit the Beach" from My Favorite Things (Awesome choice, Rose Ann!) I sponged the card in Chocolate Chip, then coated it with a layer of Sparkle Paint. For the water, I sponged Brocade Blue and then painted a coat of Crystal Effects to give it a watery look. I colored the ball, shoes, towel and lotion in Summer Sun, Brocade Blue and Rose Red. I little fancy cutting on the Storytime from Cosmo Cricket Papers, and I had my beach umbrella. I used the words from "Happy Harmony" stamp set, stamped in Rose Red...attached with a nifty spiral clip.







For the second card, I got the idea Angels' son's pending wedding... I was kinda looking for a "honeymoon" theme, but I'm not sure that's what comes across. Either way, it works and I'm happy! :-)
Details: Images again are from "Hit the Beach" by My Favorite Things. Colored in with Lovely Lilac, Green Galore and Yoyo Yellow. Layered on Tempting Turquoise CS, on top of Only Orange background, again layered on top of White Papertrey CS. Word stamp from "Happy Harmony" SU! Stamp set stamped in Basic Black on Green Galore. Ribbon is May Arts Polka Dot Ribbon JD01)

Again, I had lots of fun doing this swap and I can't wait for the next one!!! Here are the links of the other ladies participating in the swap if you want to check them out. Thank you to Bethany who taught me how to do the links without posting the sites!!!! THANK YOU!!!!
Thanks again Ladies!!!
- Bethany
- Rose Ann
- Lori
- Adelina
- Angel

3 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Wow...you did two! Good for you! I love them both! Your umbrella, sparkly sand, and water look awesome! Great ideas!! I love your honeymoon idea for the second as well! Super job, Tracy!

Bethany Paull said...

Very cool you made two. Both are great. Really love the "beach" you created.

To make your links not show:
Type the name, for instance: Bethany. Highlight it. Right above where you're typing your post there is a little picture of a globe. Click it. It will pop up a box. Type (or copy and paste) your link here. TahDah. That's it.

Anonymous said...

WoW! I am just back from the rehearsal dinner, and this card is PERFECT FOR THE COUPLE!!! PERFECT! flip flops!! you have to send this! Love it, Tracy!