THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

I've been a bad blogger...

I haven't kept up the blog this week and I'm sorry. It's been total chaos at the Hale household and I'm trying to get a hold on things. This past week was our Cub Scout Roundup. I'm co-leading Randy's Wolf Den, so the other leader and I have been busy trying to get things organized so the boys will want to stay and the parents will want to be involved. I also started my new Bible Study, so I've been trying to be devoted to that, too. We had Cadet functions on Friday night, Saturday and then on Sunday we hosted 20 Cadets for a BBQ at our house.

Meanwhile, I've been working on several crafty projects, none of which I'm near enough done to take pictures and post, but I'm trying to gain ground. I'm making posters for the Wolves to keep track of their achievements...making a Bible Study Goodie Pack (I miss you Angel!!!)...making 20 birthday cards for our cadets this month....making congrats cards for 35 of our Firsties (Seniors) for their "Ring Ceremony"...and making 4 Baby cards for friends that just had babies... plus it's that time to figure out Christmas cards so I can get an order in for my materials and then there is the baby due in Jan.. gotta have announcement cards for that! I'm never happy unless my plate is full!

My ~goal~ for tomorrow is to get them to a point where I can see the end, and maybe even feel good about posting a snap of my progress!!! I'm so excited about all of them I want to show what I've done, but "in-the-works" shots just don't do justice!

The boys are in school full time now and seem to enjoy it. Randy brings home his first week of HOMEWORK tomorrow and he's excited! I sure hope that lasts!!! He's excited about having spelling words to work on. Isn't that great, G-R-E-A-T, great? Riley loves Kindergarten...he's played with playdoh twice now, so he's in heaven, H-E-A-V-E-N, heaven. Brodie misses her brothers. She's constantly going to the front door asking for Randy and Riley.

The biggest change is that I got my haircut! Yep.. it's short, S-H-O-R-T, short!!! I'll try and get a picture taken soon to show y'all. I cut it that short to send it to Locks of Love, so it's for a good cause. My hair will grow back, and these children need it more than I do! I can live with the shortness for a while... and it's SOOOO much easier to take care of!

But, that's it for now. After standing on my feet all day cooking for my "boys" in grey, I'm heading to bed. I'll make good on my plans tomorrow... or at least make a good attempt at trying!

1 comments:

Angel said...

I miss you too!!! Wish I could have been there to help! FUN times. Maybe someday.....