I LOVE a bargain. Clearance sections are my best friend.
Now, when chocolate is involved, it's AMAZING!!!
Peppermint Bark is probably one of my favorite holiday treats. I usually don't buy it because it tends to run rather expensive. I look at it in the store, think, someday, and then walk away....usually without a glance back.
Imagine my JOY when I saw this box on the clearance section. 50% off!!
Harry London is a GOOD chocolate. It's one of those that usually doesn't have the price on the box because they KNOW if you knew how much it cost it would never make it to the check-out line. Once you get there and they have scanned it, it's too late to take it back, so you end up paying for it, thinking... what was SOOO expensive???
At 50% off, I was floored.... but not as much as I was when I got up to the checkout. Yes, I knew it would still feed a small country, but I hadn't rewarded myself in a long time and I was determined to enjoy EVERY bite once I got it home.
I drool as the lady at the register scans it, resisting the tempation to grab it from her hands, rip it open and eat it all right there before I even pay for it. However, when she took an ADDITIONAL 25% off, I couldn't believe. I didn't want to say, "are you sure that's right," for fear she would say she made a mistake and ADD to the price.
Needless to say, I walked away from that purchase with a smile on my face, drool dripping from my lips and more money in my pocket than I thought I would.
I took each block and chopped it up and have done an incredible job limiting myself to ONE piece a day. I figure at this rate, I'll make it to next Christmas when I can find another box on sale!
Yeah right!!!
1 comments:
Looks VERY yummy. I don't think I've ever tried Peppermint bark... Now, I am one of those people that would say...HOLD ON...let me get another box at that price! Hugs!
Post a Comment