Yesterday was not a very good day in my book. I haven't had many good days lately, but yesterday hit the "bad day" button full force.
I was on my way to WalMart... my once a month trip. I got about 1/4 of the way there and realized I didn't have my wallet in my purse. Now, for most of you, it's not a big deal. You turn around, get your wallet and carry on with your day. Not so when you live on a secure base that has police checking ID's at the gates. So, here I am stuck, outside the gate, no ID, no driver's license, Colt is screaming, Brodie is fussing and Jason isn't answering his phone. I can't get on base, I can't get my wallet and I'm stuck. I finally decide to pull up to the gate to see what I can do. The lady there is very understanding, but I have to pull over so she can call the MP's. (Military Police.) It's the only thing she can do. Still no answer from Jason. As I was waiting, the MP was telling me what would happen if I didn't have anyone that could save me.
First, he would have to impound the vehicle because I can't drive. Then he would have to call the local police or state troopers because I had been driving without a drivers license. Then they would cite me, ticket me and THEN the MP's would have to escort me to the MP station where I would have to sit and patiently wait for someone to bring me my wallet. Fun day, huh? LUCKILY, by some wierd turn of fate, I had just programmed my friend Cindy's phone number into my phone the night before. Not sure what prompted me to do so... but I called. She came to my rescue, got my wallet and brought me my salvation!
ONE more BIG reason NOT to live on base at our next duty station! Something SO simple made into a HUGE hassle!
I don't dare say "Can it get any worse" because with my luck, it can!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Bad Day...another reason to live OFF base!
Posted by ~Shade of my Heart~ at 8:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment