I came down at 3am to get Brodie some cough medicine and was surprised by a pleasant site when I flipped on the light. A furry little Mini-Mouse running from under the kitchen table to the laundry room! I quickly chased him into the laundry room in the hopes he would be sitting in the middle of the floor ready to apoligize for his wrong-doings. Boy, was I wrong! I didn't realized how many hiding places there was in a simple laundry room. So instead of pulling everything out at 3 am and spending the rest of the morning Mouse hunting, I simply moved the mouse trap to infront of the door, shut it and barred it with a blanket. Or so I thought! (Silently I prayed that there wouldn't be mini-mouse in the trap in the morning!) After a few more hours of mouse filled dreams, I woke only to be greeted with little presents from my friend the mouse on the counter. No cake this time... guess he thought this was a buffett! I began the undaunting task of Hide-and-mouse in the laundry room. I pulled everything out, which needed to be cleaned anyway, and began to look for the neon sign pointing me to his hidey-hole. That's how they do it on Tom and Jerry, after all, right??? I guess he didn't pay his electric bill because I didn't see the welcome sign. I think I found his condimousium, though, so I plugged it with a t-shirt and taped it up with mouse tape. We shall see in the morning if it worked. If not, I guess I will set a place for him at our table.... cheese on a plate with nifty little metal bar to hold him in place! Maybe I should stamp him a "mini-mouse" name plate so he knows it's for him!
So, cross your fingers for me, say little mouse disappering prayers, and lets hope for no mouse gifts!!!

2 comments:
I must confess that I have the BIGGEST fear of mice ever. It is almost comical, but not quite. I literally become paralyzed with fear whenever I see one. I know that is not a logical fear since I am oh only 100 times larger than they are, but I understand the elephants! Then, once I see one I draw all three of my children near and we all go sit in the middle of my bed until Chris can come home and search out "the spot". I guess I am becoming predictable becuase whenever I do that the boys always say..."mom did you find a mouse?" Our last house was full of holes in the walls behind sinks, and under the fireplace. My prayer with the new place is that I do not ever have to experience such horrors again. I am praying the same for you. Oh, and proof once again that you are a way better mom than I...I would have left the cough syrup there.
Oh, you bring back the memories of our "little friends" in Korea...who, like your little mouse guest, ate the tops and side of cupcake I had left loosely uncovered! And, like Elaine, I was not much help when Dad and I decided to whack him...Dad moved the washer, he ran out and, instead of hitting him with the broom, I got on the dryer. Some help I was!! I just couldn't hit him...but I also didn't like him in the house. "No-more-mice" prayers are going up from all over Texas. Elaine and I will pray the mice out of you house. That's about all we can offer!!
Post a Comment