Much to my parents dismay, I fell in love with The Monkees when I was in Middle School. I would listen to them ALL the time, watch their show like my life depended on it, talked about it to anyone who would listen, and soome times even when they wouldn't listen! I had EVERY show they ever released on VCR (remember those?), every CD they had, as many books as I could find, as well as odds and ends I could find still in stores. (I was born WAY too late for as fascinated as I was with them!) I even made a pillowcase with the names of their songs on one side and the infamous "monkee" guitar on the other. Yeah, I was a bit obsessive about them. Good thing I grew out of it! However, everynow and then I get the urge to listen to them and pull out my handy iPod and get my fix. If I ever see the box set for the TV shows in a store, someone will have to pull me away!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Stop, just stop. I have long questioned the reasoning into this family of mine and you are truly making me wonder about my TRUE birth family. LOL. ;-)
Don't tell me you're a Monkee-head! :-)
Are you kidding I was practicing being called MRS. Davey Jones! Of course now that I am older I am so glad I did not follow through with my plan to throw myself helplessly at his feet. However, whenever I hear him talking--if I close my eyes--oooh boy!
I even used to pretend he was singing Daydream Believer directly to me.
Ah, see I was more of the "tall, dark and Texan" type! Mike was so misunderstood!! I sware Mickey Dolenz is a doctor in our ER!! I had to make myself stop staring and talk!! I so wish I had known you back then...I wouldn't have felt so alone and crazy! :-)
I used to stay up late and watch their show on Nick at Nite...I frickin' loved 'em. I even had a Monkees poster.
I knew I loved ya for a reason, Sis!
Post a Comment