I LOVE this cake!!! I've had it many times, and each time I love it even more. I'm not sure what it is about this cake, (the name probably helps!) but it is yummy!!! You pour the icing on when the cake is still warm, so it kinda soaks into the cake. My mouth is watering just thinking of it! I made one for our plebes coming tomorrow, but as you can tell, I couldn't wait and HAD to have a piece tonight!!! For those that haven't ever had it, I'm including the recipe so if you want, you can see what the fuss (and drool) is all about!!!
This one happens to be from my Pampered Chef "Delightful Desserts."
Texas Sheet Cake
Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil spread
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
Frosting
5 TBSP milk
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 TBSP vegetable oil spread
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 11x7 roll pan (with lip) with nonstick cooking spray. For cake, combine flour and sugar in small bowl; set aside. In medium (3-qt) saucepan, heat water, vegetable oil spread and cocoa powder over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Using whisk, stir in flour mixture. Add eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, vanilla and salt. Mix well. Pour into pan.
2. Bake 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before frosting.
3. While cake is cooling, pour milk, cocoa powder and vegetable oil spread in large bowl. Microwave on high 45 seconds or until spread is melted; whisk until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Spread over warm cake. Cool completely. Cut into squares. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
1 comments:
I have a similiar recipe.... it might be the same one. I am submitting this one to my aunt for our "Friends and Family" cookbook. Send me more!!!
Post a Comment