THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What is this world coming to????

I was reading the headlines today on Road Runner and I ended up in tears. I know I am an emotional mess with pregnancy, but this was THE worst day I have read in a long time! Two headlines caught my eye. I can't decide which one is worse. "Dad threw 4 children off bridge." or "Bodies of 4 youth found in DC home."

The first one tells a story of a Father who had argued with his wife, left the house with 2 kids, returned for the other 2 and then sometime later THREW THEM OFF A 80FT BRIDGE!!! They were 4 months, 1 year, 2 years and 3 years old! He then reported them "missing" on Monday claiming someone who had them in custody refused to return them. Could it be his GUILT that made him come forward and admit what he did? How could he live with himself for 2 days?!?!? What's more disturbing is that his family "thought he traded them for drugs." WOW! Now, I've never been addicted to drugs or alcohol, so I'm not sure about the powerful control these substances can have over you, but trading your kids for DRUGS??? I'm speechless.... All I can say is those poor kids are in a MUCH better place now! If a father has the ability to do that, can you imagine what home life was like???

As for the second story... US Marshalls delivering an eviction notice found 4 youths decomposing in an upstairs room of a DC house. They ranged in ages from 5 to 18. The lady who opened the door seemed ,"apparently calm throughout." Wow.. was her nose clogged??? The neighbors had complained about an odor coming through the vents they assumed was from rats. Even more sad... No one had reported the children missing and they had not been registered in any school. Neighbors said they thought there were 3 or so children living there, but hadn't seen them in months. Again I ask... WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO????

I admit, I get angry at my children.... but what would it take to drive a person to behave like this? It breaks my heart to the core. And this is only 2 stories. Can you imagine what happens that goes unreported or unnoticed? As I prepare to bring another child into this world, I fear for what will happen in his lifetime. What am I subjecting him too. Where will it end?

1 comments:

Angel said...

I hate reading these stories too. And I heard some doozies when I worked at the counseling center. Unfortunately, you are right we only hear a small percentage of the stories. I learned that at my last job too. Horrible things happen to children. I say you have to be VERY careful where you let your kids go/stay. And NO you aren't being paranoid. You're being careful and that IS necessary. Hold onto your kids and teach them right from wrong. And remember God's word says in Isaiah 55:11 "It is the same way with my word. I send it out and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it." So teach them God's word. And I am not talking just to you, my friend. But to the World. :-)
I love ya!