I can't believe our little man is already a week old! It's been an intresting week, but a good one none-the-less. I think we have settled into a routine, or at least something that could possibly resemble one. Colt had his final "weight check" on Friday and has been given the green light until his 2 week check up on the 1st. His yellow-tint is starting to decrease and everything seems to be falling into place. He still loves to eat, and I've finally been able to from the formula and we are off on a great start to nursing full time! Luckily, since he takes the bottle so well, Jason will still be able to give him a bottle from time to time. He sleeps about 2-3 hours at a time, which is tiring, but to be expected.
I'm even getting used to my attention being pulled in 4 directions, but I do find it hard to be there to spend enough time with all of the kids. I hope Randy and Riley realize I'm not chosing to ignore them, but that Brodie and Colt require more attention and one-on-one time right now. My heart still hurts when I have to tell them "later" about something they want or want to do. I'm just glad they play so well together, for the most part! They are typical 5 and 8 year old siblings, after all! I'd be dreaming to say they play together perfectly every time! Either dreaming or highly medicated!!! I'm also glad they are both in school!!!
There is one thing I think all OB's should require expecting mothers to do, though! I think 2-3 weeks before the baby is due, the non-dominant arm should be required to be put in a sling or otherwise restrained so we get used to doing things one armed....without the fear of actually hurting a real baby! I forgot how hard some everyday tasks were to do with limited mobility. But, at least I'm remembering VERY quickly!!! I still think it should be a "suggested practice" before delivery!!!
Tonight is my first night with all 4 kids home alone! Jason had a Ball to attend and here I am. It's funny that I had to prepare myself to be home with all the kids at once! Maybe I should have hired a babysitter to come and sit me!!! Jason has the next week off, which is good since somehow the kids and I ended up having appointments galore next week! What will I do when he goes back to work? (Party at my place!!!)
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Where has the time gone?
Posted by ~Shade of my Heart~ at 10:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The time goes by SO fast! Watch your mail!
Wait until you're sending him off to middle school!
He's still beautiful!
Post a Comment