THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Colt Jesse Hale


Colt Jesse Hale
18 January 2008
8:40am
8lbs 9oz
18.5"
He's here! I know I'm behind in posting this, but here he is!!! He's our love and perfect addition to our family. He completes the family and so far is the perfect baby! He actually sleeps for 3-4 hours at a time...something my other 3 NEVER did at this age! He loves to eat, even though we are on a "weight watch" right now, and even switches between bottle and breast with no problems. (We had to start formula in the hospital due to low glucose levels and now we are supplementing with formula to help with his weight and jaundice issues.) He is a great nurser, so I'm very pleased about that! He's following in his sisters' footsteps with that one! Hopefully tomorrow at his next weight check he will have started putting on the weight so I can discontinue the formula and we can stop going back to the hosptial every 2 days!!! He also takes a pacifier with no problem, which after 3 kids who didn't, is actually a blessing! Something besides Mommy that can comfort him! He's very laid back and just goes with the flow. When he's awake he is very alert and looks around taking everything in. His eyes are a very deep blue and I'm hoping they don't lighten too much, because they are GORGEOUS! I know he'll keep the blue color, but I hope it stays the deep blue it is now.

1 comments:

Mommahen said...

Woo Hoo! I was within THREE OUNCES of his weight with my guess! He is absolutely beautiful!

Noah was my largest at 7 1/2 lbs. BUT ended up losing down to 6 lbs and was put on a weight watch. He too was very jaundiced. I look back at those early pictues and can tell because even his eyes were yellow. Another part of the problem was that I was so busy trying to care for two other children that I did not have as much of a milk supply with him. So they put me on some supplements that increased my supply and Voila! He was drowning. But I am sure Colt will pull thorugh like a little champ! I am so happy for you!

And Randy's car--WOW! He did a GREAT job. I can't see Riley's too well b/c my computer won't let me enlarge it. :-( But they both have very creative minds.

Hope you're recooping well. Give your new one a sweet squeeze for me.