THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Shared Security

My Dad and I share something in common... ok, a lot of things in common, but for this post, it's Scripture. We both find strength in Proverbs 3:5-6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In everyway acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." (NIV version)
As I was making my 6x6 album page for BVC, I knew this would make an awesome gift for my Dad. He works at the church and has felt the stress of Pastor Skip's plight and has had to make up for the lack of said pastor at work for sometime. I wanted him to know he is thought of, appreciated, and loved as well! I found these really cool 5x5 shadowbox-type frames at Hobby Lobby (50% off this week!) and cut the 6x6 album page to make it fit. These colors are so him and I love it. It was really hard to photograph, because the outside edge is a mirror..

I took it to church tonight when I went for Pastor Skip's prayer service and had my mom sneak it onto his desk. I hope it will bring a smile to his face when he finds it tomorrow, as well as put a skip in his step! (no pun intended!)
When I got home from the service, I knew I wanted to re-create it for myself. I changed the colors a bit and came out with this design. I actually think I like the first one I did, but this one is in the frame and already on the TV stand. It will stay.

1 comments:

jengalslp said...

You really could make this into a business! Everything is so professional looking and beautiful. I've referenced you in my current blog in an attempt to solicit your expertise! :) Will lift up your pastor and dad in prayers!