THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Beginning

Let me tell you about an awesome friend I have. She and I have known each other since 1993, where we were fortunate to meet in the 'Going Band from Raiderland. (Marching band for Texas Tech.) There aren't very many female trombone players, so we tend to stick together when we meet! Well, Elaine and I became fast friends. We did road trips together with the band, roomed together at the hotels and kept each other going when the long days of practice were TIRING!!!! We also watched each other's backs on our daring adventure into Mexico when the band traveled with the football team to the John Hancock Bowl in El Paso. (What was Mr. Bearden thinking taking a bunch of college students into Mexico???)
We lost touch after we both stopped playing in the marching band, but then ran into each other one day in the parking lot on our way to class. We caught up, traded addresses and continued on in our day. Later, we really lost touch, and it wasn't till a few years later we managed to track each other down again. By this time, she was expecting her first son and I was trying to find my feet. We've been in touch since then. It's funny... we have spent more time apart in our friendship than together! She's one of those that you can go several months without talking to, and when you do, it's like no time has passed!
We've walked down the same path... almost together through our experiences in our lives. Through her 3 boys, my many moves and trouble with Jon, my kids and life in general, she has been a great support in my life. Both emotional and spiritual, and I know she would have been there physically if we lived closer! She has given me the strength and encouragement only someone who has struggled too, can give. Her strength in the Lord is AMAZING!!!! She always knew just what to say, when, what to quote, what to praise... it's amazing!
So, what brings me to praise my friend today? Her blog was truly inspiring the other day. I have felt those EXACT things many times and thought I was less of a mother/wife/friend. Did I take on too much in my life? Did I expect things that would never happen? Am I appreciated in what I do, even though I never hear it? Am I completely alone in my thoughts and feelings?? Elaine, you read my mind and settled my emotions.
She is my inspiration, my strength, my foundation, my friend!!! Elaine, thank you for being you. Don't ever change!!!!

1 comments:

Mommahen said...

Tracy, you will never know how much having YOU in my life has kept ME going.

Thank you for the beautiful words. How I wish we did live closer. How I wish our children could enjoy one another's company (although Mark is playing coronet--maybe one of your kiddo's can pick an instrument and we can start the next genertation!) How I wish, How I wish, How I wish.

But I know we have an eternity to laugh, rejoice, and praise together.

Thank you for walking that road with me again. Sometimes it's so hard to admit our weaknesses, but I know it's always safe to do so with you.

I love you my sister and thank God for you.