Happy 2008!!!! As I have for the past few years, I brought in the New Year by sleeping! Hey... if I only keep one resolution each year, it's always "get more sleep when I can!" I know I won't be getting much sleep in the new year, and the year was going to change regardless of if I watched the ball drop, so I slept.
This is what we woke up to this morning!!! If this is any indication of what we should expect in the next year, I think we may be in for a White New Year!!! It's been snowing BIG snowflakes all morning and covering the ground very quickly. And of course, I need to to go the grocery store! AUGH!!! Guess we'll be sledding to the store! I know I'm late getting Christmas picutres up here, but we've been a very sick household, so I'm behind in everything. Between Brodie having Impetigo, Jason and I enjoying Strep and the boys having coughs, it's been a FUN holiday!
This was taken Christmas morning as we were waiting for the cinnamon rolls to cook. After this picture, my camera promptly died, so I was lucky to get at least one.
The kids had a great morning, and were immersed in their toys all afternoon, which was good since we were all tired and sick! After my battery charged, I managed to get this picutre of Brodie admiring the tree later that night. This picture doesn't even closely catch the "feeling" that was present at the time. There was just this overwhelming calm as she stood looking at all the ornaments. She must have gazed at the tree for about 30 min before I thought about grabbing the camera, so I missed the first few good shots. We have only Texas Ornaments, white lights and UT Orange balls on our tree (our longing for our Texas home, maybe???) and she would get VERY close to the balls and look at them with one eye open. Then giggle to herself and back up only to do it again to the next one. It was a moment I will forever remember... her small little figure backlit by the lights of the big tree. a precious look on her face.
This next one was too cute, too! We are dog sitting for our friends while they are on leave, and Brodie and Nero have taken to each other like fast friends. He is a BIG Rotwieller/Lab mix with a teddy bear heart! He looks ferocious, but is quick to drop a toy at your feet than bark or growl! I have to admit, it's been nice not having to sweep everyday!!! The kids like him, but I'm so glad he's just visiting and not here to stay! Just proved I'm not ready for 4 kids AND a dog! Who can turn down a Candy Cane at Christmas time???? Not my kids!!! I mangaged to capture this shot during a highly unusual "quiet moment" with the three of them in the same spot! Oh the joys of having something in their mouths to emphasize the wonders of silence!!!
And so ends my quick walk down Christmas Lane. Now we only have 5 days till school starts.... (please stop before then snow!!!!) Christmas decorations to put up, baby stuff to get out and rest to try and get... yeah right! 2 out of 3 isn't bad, right?
I hope that everyone had a pleasant, enjoyable Christmas and start to the New Year. Hopefully it will snow enough so that we can get a few more rounds of sledding in.... yeah, I'm a little eager to get this baby here! Walking uphill may just be what I need! So, find something to be happy about as we start the year off with a clean slate. 2007 is in the past, as is everything that happened. Don't bring your troubles with you. Make a fresh start and move on!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Happy New Year!
Posted by ~Shade of my Heart~ at 8:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I am so sorry that the Hale house has found lots of bugs to spend the holidays with. Noah is very susceptible to impetigo due to the eczema.
He had it this summer and it was AWFUL. He had several spots on his inner thighs and it got to where he would not ever walk due to the friction. That was a difficult time. I hope Brodie is recovering quickly.
Every time I look at Riley I see Tracy all over! He looks a lot like his mom. And I don't know why Riley--because honestly he looks a lot like Randy, but maybe it is the hair color. His most matches yours.
I can't wait to see the next one--who he (or she) will look like. Please don't stop blogging when the baby comes--even if you are just telling us how many diapers you changed that day. It has been so nice knowing the ins and outs of the Hale family. It makes me feel not so far away. You know we have spent more time in our friendship apart than together?! I am just grateful I am still any part of your life.
Again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Post a Comment