Last night we had 4 of Jason's cadets over for dinner again. They are such a good group of guys to have over. They seem to feel "at home" here, so that's good. If I can provide them a place to escape the West Point stress, a good home cooked meal and some entertainment, then I feel like I've done something to help the future of our Army. Randy and Riley love the cadets...always saying "Hey Cadet (they haven't learned their names yet) want to come see my room?" It's cute. What's cuter is the cadets interacting with the boys. They are very patient with Randy and Riley, which is awesome! Brodie, on the other hand, is VERY shy with them! The first time they came over for dinner, she didn't leave Daddy's lap and actually fell asleep in his arms. This time she at least got down and played and would even say "Hi" and wave to the guys. We're getting there! I'm looking forward to getting to know the cadets more as the school year starts. They have even taken to calling me "Momma Hale." Several years ago, I would have been bothered by someone calling me Momma, but seeing as how I'm 13+ years older than them, I take it as a compliment! Our youth is not completely doomed!
As for my pregnancy, I had my orientation appointment today. Pretty boring, but that's good. I'm only 7 weeks 3 days, so not much they can do at this point. I got the "tour" of the OB floor. There are only 2 doctors and 1 nurse, so it's a very small "family." I'm looking forward to a more personal pregnancy and delivery this time, than being just one of many like at Ft. Hood. My next appointment is July 7th, and that's the day I will get a first look at the little one, hopefully!!! If nothing else, we will get to hear the heartbeat. The good thing is, they only do surgery on Mondays, so I can already narrow my due date down! Depending if they do the C-Section a week or 2 weeks early, the baby will be born either Jan 7th, or Jan 14th! It seems like forever away, but I know it will go faster than I want!
Jason has been extremely sweet the past few days. I think he's excited about the new little one, he just doesn't want to show it! He has actually brought me breakfast in bed for the last 2 mornings. I could get used to this!!! He's doomed, though, because now I know he can do it! Now I just need to convince him he CAN do the dishes! :-)
That's all on the New York homefront for now. They boys are full into their summer vactaion mode....ready to go at 6am! Now if I can only get Brodie to go to sleep before midnight, I might actually have the energy to entertain the kids this summer!!!
Happy Summer to everyone!
Monday, June 11, 2007
Cadets and Pregnancy fun
Posted by ~Shade of my Heart~ at 10:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment