THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Connecticut or Bust

Today we did something that would be unheard of in Killeen. We drove to another state for dinner! Jason wanted Hooters (hence the "bust" in the title) for Father's Day and the closest one was in Connecticut....so into the car we went and drove to CT! I never thought I would ever drive to another state just to eat! We had planned on going to Toys R Us to buy Randy a new bike, but we were greeted by a HUGE downpour/thunderstorm as we left the restaurant. Needless to say, we didn't make it to the store...yet. Brodie learned she likes thunderstorms, though. Everytime it would thunder, she would say, "Oh cool." (That's her new saying...that and "coming!")

The boys have decided they need to make money to buy outside toys this summer. Now, when I say "make" I literally mean "make." They got out green paper and made dollars, white paper with silver crayon made the "change." Then they were ready to go to the PX. When I told them that the PX wouldn't take the money they so painstakeingly made, Randy's idea was to use the playmoney he uses to do money problems in school. If only life were that easy!!! Riley's idea... "just go to the money machine and get more out, Mommy." Funny, but at that exact moment I heard my parents saying, "Money doesn't grow on trees, Tracy," and shivered. I thought about saying this and passing on the "parental wisdom," but knowing Randy, he would have said, "Mommy, actually, money is made from paper and paper is made from wood which is what trees are made of, so that statement would in fact be true." I didn't want to be humiliated by a 7 year old, so I just offered both of them a lollipop.

All in all, it was a pretty good day. Just think of what tomorrow will bring!

My Peter Pan moment today: I walked through the rain to the car and enjoyed the "forbidden pleasure". So I got wet, I didn't melt!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading your blogs...playing catch up! And I have tears in my eyes from your insight into life and love, and I have a lump in my throat from the pride welling up inside me! Stay this positive...live, love and laugh...and the stress you have known will never return!!