See my first major home improvement??? This used to be a rock wall, that wasn't very sturdy, and the kids (and myself) used to scale it to shortcut to the car. I decided that someone was going to trip and fall, probably myself, so I wanted to make it safer. Brodie calls them "Up and Downs." I still have some areas I need to "tweak" but I think it's pretty good for 2 hours of work with 3 kids helping. Now if only the rest of the house could be improved that easily!
On a different note, I witnessed a terrible motorcycle accident this morning, only two cars in front of me. The guy had been swerving in and out of traffic, going up a 25% incline on a mountain road. When I came around a curve, I saw the truck that had been 2 cars in front of me crashed into the guard rail. He was just getting out, so I was glad to see he was ok, but then I saw the motorcycle about 20 feet in front of him lying on the road and a shoe in the middle of the lane I was in. I won't say anymore, but please say a prayer for the family of the motorcyclist. This is the second fatal accident I have been witness to and it makes me take a step back and appreciate life. It can be over in such a short moment. He was carefree on his motorcycle one moment and not 5 seconds later, it was over. I think that was why I came home and did something with the kids. I want to enjoy every moment of the time I have. I know I'm careful when I am away from home, but I can't always be sure about the person next to me.
Take time today to do something you think you don't have time for. Smell a flower, enjoy the sunset, watch a bird floating on the breeze. Truly enjoy it.
My Peter Pan Moment: Despite the negative events today, I had a BALL digging in the dirt, getting completely messy and laughing the whole time. More laundry, sweeping and baths, but what a better way to end a terrible day!
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Ups and Downs
Posted by ~Shade of my Heart~ at 9:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are; help us to spend them as we should." Psalms 90:12 NIV
That's my Tracy...SO clever and resourceful. Love the up and downs! I emailed you.... did ya get it? AND YES, I'll fly to NY whenever!
Post a Comment