THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My life, an interuption

Today was a good day at my Bible Study class. We had a special Holiday Party instead of our normal bible study. It wasn't just celebrating Christmas and the birth of Christ, but we had some very special visitors. I think I have mentioned a group our PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapels -or military wives group) ladies sponsor. The Walter Hoving Home is a rehibilitation center for women recovering from alcohol, drug or other addictions. They go through a 6 month or 12 month program where they learn to overcome their addictions through the love of Christ. It's an incredible group of 60 women and the powers they have overcome! Today, we had 20 come and sing some wonderful songs and give testimonies. Then we had a casual brunch with them and got to know them as women better.
After the hour and a half we spent under their calming presense, there was not a dry eye in the chapel! The director gave a VERY heartwarming talk about her job at the Hoving Home. She has been there for 15 years and to my surprise, she then said she had gone through the program herself, taking 2 years to do so. I never would have guessed this strong, Christian woman, had been through so much in her life. It goes to show what Christ can do in a life!!! Something she said stuck, though. She said that everytime Jesus performed a miracle, it was due to an "interuption." He didn't set out to do this feat, or that... it happened along his way as someone would interupt what he was doing to seek his help. That's when a strange thought hit me. I am an interuption.. and He NEVER says "in a minute" when I bother him! Why do I get so frustrated when my children interupt me? Maybe this is God's way of reminding me that I do the same to him!
So, now my heart is open, my eyes are wide and my spirit is soaring! After listening to what these women overcame, I have NOTHING to complain about! I have been so fortunate in my life and I have one reason for that. God is GREAT!!!

0 comments: