THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Sledding and more!

We had snow again yesterday and last night and this morning enjoyed it!!! We hit the slopes early this morning and wore them out! This is the first time any of the kids have been sledding and I was a bit curious what they would think. Needless to say, they LOVED it! We have the perfect hill right by our house. Not too steep, lots of coasting room and away from traffic and parked cars. Even Brodie was asking for more before the sled even stopped moving!

This is Randy on his first ride down! He was smiling from ear to ear! He couldn't wait to get back up the hill and do it again! and again, and again!



And here we have Riley... as you can tell, he's in heaven! This is his first sledding attempt, too and he was eager for more! They both kept saying "this is the best day of our lives!" And you know what.. it was mine, too! I loved seeing the kids enjoying themselves, being kids and truly having fun!




I had a hard time getting a picture of Brodie on the sled, except the first one with the boys, because she was climbing off before it stopped to do it again! She even got to where she could climb up the hill on her own and would yell down, "Come on boys!" We walked to the park again, and of course, Brodie had to swing, again. She LOVES her swing!!!

And yes, I got in the fun, too!!! I thought ahead and bought 2 single disc sleds for the boys and a double person sled for Brodie and, ok, me! I knew she couldn't do it on her own and I wasn't sure about her sledding with the boys, so who else could do it but me???? And I LOVED IT! I realized I hadn't been sledding since high school. What a rush! I forgot what a thrill it was when you start to pick up speed and you hit a bump and fly!!! Oh wow!!! If it weren't for this big belly, I think I would have been running up the hill pushing the kids out of the way to get there first! (Randy did a good job taking this picture, didn't he! I was determined to not be hidden behind the camera the WHOLE time! Proof I do get out and have fun, too!)
Now we are inside, eating cookies and warming up. I'm sure we will be back out there again soon. Thanks for viewing our little corner of the world!

2 comments:

Angel said...

Looks like you had a ball. We will have no snow here more than likely. But that is OKAY by me! It is supposed to be 80* today. hehehe

Mommahen said...

I LOOOVE the picture of you and Brodie! I know when she gets older she will love it too! Nothing like looking back and seeing that your parents actually enjoyed spending time with you. You do a good job of showing your kids that, and Randy is a natural born photographer I think!