THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Product Plug...sewing machine


I don't normally do this, but after this past week, I have to tell you about my sewing machine! I have the SINGER INGENUITY 7436. I'm not sure if you sew, or if you are looking for one, but if you do and are.... this is THE machine! I LOVE IT! I've always been particular to Singer, but only becuase that's all I've ever used. My first one was one from my mom that I grew up using. It was older than me, bought when they were stationed in Etheopia. It was a GREAT fully metal machine and withstood an uncounted number of military moves. However, it finally decided it was time to reitre and we found out it was going to cost more to special order the parts needed to fix than it would to buy a new one. So, the search began.... I'm pretty picky about my machines, since I know what I like, so I looked for a while to find it. One night, while sewing my son's cub scout uniform (needed for the next day) "old faithful" died and I didn't have a choice anymore. I looked online and found one in a decent price range, that seemed to offer what I needed. When I went to Walmart to pick up it, it was $40 more than what they advertised online! With much haggling with the manager, he finally gave it to me for what was online... afterall, it was THEIR website that was offering the cheaper price! Let me tell you... after "playing" with it for the last 2 weeks, at least 2-3 hours a day, I would pay FULL PRICE for it! It is AWESOME!!!

Here are my selling points....

*EASY to thread needle... the thread paths are actually numbered with arrows showing which way to thread the thread.
*Self threading needle! 2 steps to actually thread your needle, and it's all attached!
*SIMPLE bobbin assembly.. this was a BIG plus for me!! (If you sew, you know what I mean!) Easy to fill bobbin on top of machine. EASY bobbin holder under needle... simply drop it in and in 2 steps it's threaded for you!
*Push button stitch change. (I used a decorative stitch for something recently made and it was easy to switch between decorative and straight.)
*Attached thread cutter on side of machine... no need to pick up sissors to cut thread.
*Lightweight, sturdy plastic case that everything snaps into. (I miss the durability of the metal one I had, but this one is SO light, and still sturdy, it's worth it!)
*SIMPLE to do button holes... touch button sets the machine to do 1 of 3 button holes.... all you do is press the pedal and watch it go!
*Bright LED light that says it lasts a long time! Haven't had to price the lightbulbs yet, but it's plenty bright!!!
*Storage box that flips down with lots of room.
*Slide off section that allows for easy cuff, sleeve, hem ability. NICE!!!!
I haven't used any of the attachments that came with it... extra pressure feet, but there were at least 3 extra feet included, I can't wait to play with it! It also came with extra bobbins, needles and some other pieces that I haven't really read into yet... but it is SOOO worth it! The only thing I have to complain about is the position of the pressure foot lever to raise it, but that's because I was so used to my other machine... but after these 2 weeks, it's not really an issue now!

Overall, it is an AWESOME machine and I would suggest it to anyone that is looking for one! It's simple enough to do a straight stitch, but also simple if you want to venture into more decorative stitches, too! Ok.. I'm stepping off my box and putting it away now... even though I love it, I'm tired of sewing for a while!

0 comments: