THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

25 + 1

I have Fibromyalgia And Lymes Disease.

I was diagnosed in 2003 after being diagnosed with Late Onset Lymes Disease. I went through about 6 months of the doctors telling me there was nothing wrong, and yet I was in INTENSE pain and would fall sound asleep if I sat still for longer than 5 minutes. That's scary when you have a 1 year old and a 3 year old in the house alone with you! Luckily, my mother was able to come up and help take care of the boys while I sat through test after test only to be told "the results are normal. You are fine." My brother was going through similiar symptoms and he was finally diagnosed with Lymes Disease. I finally convinced the doctors, who had told me, "Lymes Disease isn't something that's found in Kansas." Well, DUH! I have been in Texas! So... they did the test and surprise! It came back positive. Then I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia because of the chronic pain I had been in for so long with the Lymes.
I am in pain pretty much every day, but I've just figured out how to live with it. I was on 8 different medications at one time and I hated it. I have good days and I have bad days. I have days where even the slightest touch hurts. There are spots on my body that are EXCRUCIATING when they are pressed, one symptom of Fibro, and they hurt!! Most people, even my husband, don't realize how much I hurt each day because I've learned complaining about it daily only makes it hurt more and it makes me miserable to be around! I hope someday, when I'm done birthin' and nursin' babies, to try the new medicine for Fibro they just released!
Fibromyalgia is a serious condition... and it's not in our heads! We hurt and there is no real "cure" for it. It's often hard to diagnose because there is no "one" test for it. It's usually the result of doing EVERY other test and finding nothing. It's a life long struggle, but like the quote says, "At least I know I'm alive!"

1 comments:

Angel said...

I'm Alive!! LOL
I take one of the new meds for Fibromylagia. Lyrica. Along with about 8 other pills. LOL