THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

fifty too

I love baseball.
Baseball and Softball. I watch it on TV but I LOVE to play it! I played when I was little, (yes, that is a picture of me!) T-Ball, coach pitch, softball. I was even the only girl on an all boys team for the first 2 years I played...back when "softball" wasn't that important and they didn't think girls could play with the boys! Yeah, the other team would move forward when I got up to bat, and I would laugh as they ran after the ball after I hit it over their heads!
I played Softball for 2 years in High School. I played outfield and even pitched my Senior year of school. I would have LOVED to go on to play at Texas Tech, but they didn't have a softball team, yet, so I settled for the coed rec teams. I hope to play again when I get my body back in shape and my kids older.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I played softball for 4 years when I was younger, on a co-ed summer league though. I played short stop (which I hated) and catcher. Guess that is why I have a soft spot for Pudge. And I remember when you played at Tech...you were the girl every guy wanted for his team *sigh*.