THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 28, 2008

ceathracha a naoi

I LOVE castles.
I'm fascinated by castles. Anywhere, anykind. I hope that one day I get to Ireland or Scotland to visit a midevil castle, but for now I'll settle with looking at them online!
The one in this blog is actually here in NY, on the Hudson. It's called "Bannerman's Castle" after the family that built it. It's within sight of West Point and it's pretty cool. It was built after a Scottish Castle design in the 1920's as a storage "shed" for surplus military supplies bought by the Bannerman's, who sold the supplies through catalog orders. It was also a summer home for the family. Sadly, a fire ravaged the castle in the 1960's rendering it dangerous. All of the purchased military relics had been sold or removed by the Smithsonian. I know... boring to most, but fascinating to me.
If you think THIS "fascination" is wierd, just wait till tomorrows!
***********************************
On a sidenote.. the castle in my header is actually "Brodie's Castle" in Scotland! No joke! It's one of those I hope to visit eventually.
And as for my title? It is 49 in Gaelic.

0 comments: