THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

5 0

I am fascinated by cemeteries.
Told ya it was wierd! The older and more run down, the better.
We had one near my parents house in Virginia, in their housing edition, that was so overgrown it was hard to tell it was an actual cemetery. It was SO cool! There was another one down the street from us in Leavenworth, KS, that I used to spend a lot of time wandering around (inbetween getting "kinda" arrested!) I don't do it for the morbidity, but for the history. They all tell a story, some more than others. I get emotional at the children and those families that lost generations in a matter of months. You can almost "read" a community by the dates on the stones.... famine, plague, accidents. I'm prone to pull over on the side of the road and check one out if I have the time and it intrests me.

0 comments: