I've realized: that young boys' rooms will never stay clean. That a 2 year old will make a mess no matter how hard you try to contain her. A living room is for living, so who cares if it wouldn't make the pages of "Home Living" because it's not spotless. The kitchen will always be "almost clean." A messy hug and a sticky kiss is better than no hug and kiss at all. Clothes wash, have fun. Breakfast is important, no one said it had to be a 3 course meal. There is nothing wrong with Pop-Tarts for breakfast, occasionally. No child will starve if they don't clean their plate. Deserts SHOULD be after every meal! There is nothing wrong with a snack just because your child asked nicely. If your kitchen floor is clean enough to eat off, maybe you should wash the dishes. One more bed time story won't hurt anyone. A drop of pee in a new potty seat is a BIG deal! A hug at 11pm when your child should be sleeping is still as sweet as one at 3pm. TV won't rot your mind.
Monday, August 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have a plaque that hangs in my kitchen that says...please excuse the noise and mess, the kids are making happy memories.
I used to feel that if my house wasn't spotless I could not invite friends over. I was neurotic about it. But a couple friend of ours invited us over to dinner the other night. I walked in and was SHOCKED that their house was not immaculate. It wasn't horrible, and it was cozy and organized where it counted. We had such a good time with them that night. I realized then that I am missing out on some amazing memories because I am too worried about my house being perfect to invite people in.
Thanks for sharing your realizations!
I totally agree! If people have a problem with the way my house looks, then they can either 1)help me clean it, 2)pretend they don't see the clutter as they step over the toys or 3) not visit anymore. If they are that picky about MY house, then maybe I don't want them here anyway. Nahhahaa.
Post a Comment