My first born is now 8!!! I'm in denial! We had a good time yesterday. Randy got spoiled at school and then again at home! I brought cupcakes into school for his snack. I didn't get a picture of him with them, but they were cute! Jason came home early and we went to Randy's favorite mall. (A four story mall with ferris wheel and roller coaster!) Unfortunately, the ferris wheel wasn't working, but he got to pick out where we ate and he wanted Outback. He's really into ribs all of a sudden, so it was quite a treat! He got to go into the Lego Superstore and a new Robot Store (think Build-A-Bear for boys and men!) We made a simple cake for his birthday today, because we are having cadets over next weekend for his real birthday party.. he loves "our cadets" and wanted to celebrate with them. So we will do a big cake for him then... a Transformer Headquarters. Should be fun! Be sure to come back and look for pictures! He realizes that even though it's not his birthday, he'll get 2 days to celebrate!
I love this picture of him... he was busy pulling off candles but I made him look up and smile! He just wanted to eat the cake!
So, now I'm depressed that my "baby" is 8! But at least he's still in the single digits! Now I have 3 months to prepare myself for Riley turning 6!
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Someone turned 8!
Posted by ~Shade of my Heart~ at 7:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Uugghh! Wait until he hits 10, then wait until he hits 11, and then wait until he hits MIDDLE SCHOOL!
Sorry, not trying to make you cry more. They grow so fast. I can't believe he's eight. I remember when you shared the news of your pregnancy with me. You've been a wonderful mom to him (and all your children).
Post a Comment