Ok.. so I had my 36 week appointment today. Nothing really special. He was listening for the heartbeat, found it and said it was registering at 150. Casually, he asked, "So, how is SHE doing?" I sat there and said, "Fine, but it's supposed to be a boy!" He looked a little speechless and then said, "Oh. This is going to be a fun delivery!" In his experience, babies with heartrates above 140 are usually girls.... As for MY experience... I have to agree. :-) Neither of the boys EVER went above 120 and Brodie never went BELOW 150.
So... how did we miss this at the Ultrasound? The U/S tech said about 3 words during the whole 45 min process. Before we started she asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby. Not 2 minutes later, as Jason and I were talking, she said, "It's a boy," and continued her examination. No "look, here are the boy parts," "let's get a picture," NOTHING. Those were her ONLY words the whole time! By the time I turned my head to look at the screen when she said that, she had moved on to another part. Jason said the glimpse he got showed a very long "boy part." He said he knows he's not an expert on U/S but it looked more like an umbilical cord than "boy cord."
SOOOOOO.... In 3 weeks, or less, we shall find out if this is Colt Jesse or Devon Quinn. Maybe I should buy some pink lace to add to all the blue things hanging in the baby's room! This could be VERY intresting!!!! Reminds me of when I was expecting Randy. I didn't have a clue, but at least I was prepared with yellow and greeen! Hey....nothing wrong with girls wearing blue!
So... in light of the recent activities... I'm curious what YOU think I'm going to have? I'm posting a poll... let me know what you think!
Friday, December 28, 2007
Umm... girls can look cute in blue, right?
Posted by ~Shade of my Heart~ at 9:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your polls do not like me--nor do I like them! They always tell me they cannot process my request! I still believe it will be a boy. One of my boys had a very fast heart rate and they told me that was a good sign for a girl. I beleive it was Mark. But they were wrong. And years ago when my mom was pregnant with me and all they really had was heartbeat machines (whatever they're called) I was supposed to be a boy b/c my heartbeat was so slow. So they did not have a girl's names picked out. I was not named until they forced my mom out of the hospital three days later.
AND speaking of names-- I thought Elaine had a good chance?! What's up with that?
Elaine... I voted for you! Not sure what's up with my polls! As for the name, speak to my husband about that! I didn't get much of a say in either name! :-) I was lucky to pick out Morgan for Brodie's name. I still think it's a boy, but it will be fun to see what happens. Kinda that "we want to know, but we don't want to know" tug-of-war!
I'm voting for a girl!
WELL... I for one thought it was "Supposed to be" a girl since we were on the same track. I hope it is. Either way..... God has a plan for your baby and HE knows. :-)
Post a Comment