THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 27, 2009

Creativity hits again!

I love making these little photo albums to send to Jason. My friend Angel was gracious enough to send me some AWESOME images of a Soldier... she knows I love those! I LOVE this one with a little girl. Perfect for our Brodie!
I love how the uniform came out. I colored it with watercolor pencils and used a technique involving paint thinner to smooth it out and blend. I really like how it looks like ACU as close as I can get to it!!
I've actually been able to stamp in the last 2 days and I'm quite proud of myself! I like the layout on this card. I knew what quote I wanted to use when I saw this hodgepodge "square" but I just couldn't figure out what image to use. This is the one that I ended it going with. I think it still works.
This is the second one I managed to accomplish. I'm not quite sure I captured the "picture" in my mind! I started with the embossed blue piece and continued to add with the polkadot papers. I liked how the pieces I pieced together worked on the flower part, but I wasn't sure how to "finish" the middle. I ended up going with a little bit of "fluff." There is some pink encorporated into the smallest polkadot piece, but I don't really like how the center ended up. Oh well.. now I konw for next time!
...and this is where all the creativy comes from! This is my "little corner of the world." I moved it downstairs from my room and set it up in the playroom. It works great since I can "play" while the kids play! We both seem to get more done and it's been great so far! I love having everything within reach.. and I even stole the computer chair with wheels so it's comfy, too!That's it for this blog... thanks for stopping by! I LOVE that you came to visit!

3 comments:

jengalslp said...

Oh, I'm so jealous of your workstation! I want to come play in your playroom! So, can we definitely make that happen soon? I'm sure I'll be up in Belton sometime during maternity leave, so I am determined to at the least see you! But to play too would be so fun!!!

Angel said...

Fabulous stamp space!! And great cards you've been creating!!! {{hugs}}

Mommahen said...

I love the photo album! It's been a while since I've heard from you. Hope all is well with you my friend.