THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Budding artist???

This weekend at Austin's birthday sleepover, Randy started making a shirt, painting it with the fabric paint markers. He didn't finish it, so he brought it home to work on it. I must say I am impressed! He was using these HUGE markers, with a pretty big paintbrush tip on them.... and the details he managed to get in this shirt is amazing!!! If you can't quite figure it out, it's a Transformer Car. I'm not sure which one it is, but he's done an awesome job copying the car's colors. He even got the windshield wipers on there! If you saw the fabric markers he was using, you would understand why I'm so impressed! He has such patience when he works on something like this... like for instance... his new project at home is making a Lego Instruction book. Seriously. He has instructions for abot 4 projects now, ranging from a car to a house. He draws each piece used, color coded and how many of each, on the back. Then he goes through step by step on how to build it. Just like the books you get with a Lego Kit. I think the kid has some AWESOME artistic abilities! He takes after his Uncle Scotty! (Hence the middle name, too!) I look forward to seeing where his creativeness takes him!!
My creative expression today. I needed something different for a few thank you cards. I got the idea from the front cover of the Stampin' UP Catalog, but added a few of my own touches. I LOVE the set "Priceless" and liked how this one turned out. I used the "in-colors" I had, but didn't have any of the ink, so I ended up using Versamark and clear embossing powder to give me the darker image. My Secret Sister from Church gave me an AWESOME collection of embossing powders and a HUGE embossing pad, so I was set for this card! I couldn't figure out what to use on the right hand side of the card, but remembered I had the dry embossing template for Priceless, so it worked out perfectly! I love it when everything comes together!

I'm off to finish these cards, continue laundry and try to take it easy. Colt is being a pain today, literally. My flu and cough isn't helping me get him to settle down... I cough, he kicks. It's a viscous cycle! I've been trying to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 3 for a week now and have watched all but the last 3o min 3 times now! I'm determined to finish it today!!! Wish me luck, savvy?

1 comments:

Angel said...

Are you going to get that new catty? I can't wait to see it!!!
Randy IS a budding artist. Great work, Randy!!