Acutally, not too bad, but school was still cancelled, so maybe it's worse than it looks! We had nothing but sleet yesterday, so mix that with the sleet and snow already on the ground and it's not even fun outside today! There is a crust on top of the snow, but once you break through that it's all grainy. Not fun for building snowmen and it's thick enough that when you break through, you sink below the crust so our sleds get bogged down. Not to mention the wind is terrible and makes it much colder outside! It's 25 degrees, but it says it feels like 12!!! I believe it! That wind is terrible! Ok, so maybe the weather outside IS frightful!!!
On a side note....I had a Parent moment this weekend. I realized that even as your kids get older, they still have plenty of "first moments" that you and they will cherish. Randy had his first sleepover Saturday night. First "first moment." I was ok with that. That's one of those things he will have to experience on his own for it to be a true "sleepover." I'm sure he will want to invite his friend over to stay here, soon, so I will be able to experience THAT first moment with him! Anyway, so Randy's friend, Austin, invited him over for his birthday party/sleepover on Saturday. They went to see "Alvin and the Chipmunks" (I LOVED the Chipmunks when I was little! Guess he is my son!!!) and they went ice skating. Second "first moment." Randy has never been on rollerskates much less ice skates, so I was a bit hesitant. But Austin's mom said that none of her boys have been on ice skates either, but the other guest had, so hopefully he could encourgae those who hadn't. So... they went. Apparently he did fine! Was a little nervous at first, but finally made it all the way around, without falling! Yes, this is one of those "moments" that you wish you could see for yourself. It's kinda up there with "first step!" Sometimes the first step on ice skates is harder than the real first steps our kids take!!! He was so proud of himself when he called to tell me he did it without falling! But, that's ok, too. He's bound to have more of those! I'm just determined to take Riley for his first ice skating trip so I don't miss out on that one, too!!!
But, I got over it... or so I keep telling myself! Randy spent pretty much all day yesterday with Austin, doing "kid things," as he told me. The sleet kept them from bringing him back as early as they planned, but it was still a good day. I'm glad Randy finally has a "best buddy" as he calls Austin. It's important... for both of us! I guess it's just hard when he tells me he didn't want to come home because he was having too much fun with Austin! I guess so, considering the amount of "goodies" he came home with! I was beginning to wonder who's birthday party it was!
Riley wasn't left out, either, though! We had our freshman cadets over for a study break, since their finals started Saturday. Riley LOVES having the cadets over, and he had their undivided attention! He also had sole possesion of the computer and the movie selection! I think deep down he missed Randy, but didn't want to admit it too much! We took some time to make some ornaments for him to take to school for his Holiday Party. That was fun to see his creativity bloom! As well as Brodie! She LOVES glitter glue!!! Go figure! Riley also got to earn a few extra bucks when he helped us clean the house, and he LOVED seeing the money go into his bank!
As for Brodie, she's pretty much happy with anything! Unless she wants something specific and can't get it, then NO ONE IS HAPPY!!! But today is a new day, and I've got to find something for them to do before they get in my hair! I guess I should get used to it since this is their last week of school till Jan 7th! 4 days of school left... and I NEED them to prepare myself! Not for Christmas, but for full-time kids!!! I always thought that line in the Christmas song "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" that goes, "and Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again!" was funny, but now I see the truth in it!!! Bing Crosby knew what he was talking about!!!
So.. enjoy the last 8 days before Christmas! I know I'll try!!!
Monday, December 17, 2007
Oh, the weather outside is....
Posted by ~Shade of my Heart~ at 9:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment