THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Now that's what I call snow!

Yep.. it's been snowing ALL day!!!! It started at about 8:30am and it's now 4:58pm and STILL coming down. We had sleet for awhile which I'm sure did wonders for the road conditions, and now we aer back to big flakes! The kids and I did manage to get out in the snow to sled before it turned yucky and with as much as we might get, I think we will more than likely be back out tomorrow in it!



I tried to take a picture of our front yard with snow and our Candy Cane decorations. The candy canes are half buried in the snow!!! They are about 12" tall and you can only see the top half of them so far. Pretty cool!!! I LOVE the way the lights look on the snow. I wish I had blue lights in the bushes to the right because that is my absolute favorite sight! Blue lights glowing on snow. Oh well, maybe next year I can get that done! Hanging lights on the roof is out of the question so we have to come up with something else to do. We've had these candy canes since Kansas and the boys were excited to acutally see them again! And in snow!!!!!

So.. that's our fun for the day! I got all the ornaments made I had planned on making and tomorrow the kids (hopefully they will be home!!!) and I are going to have a "Cookie Marathon!" We're making batches and batches of cookies for the Holidays! I know it's kinda early, but we have our plebes coming over for a study break on Saturday night and we are giving them goodie bags of cookies and their ornaments. Plus... it's an excuse to bake!!!! I'll let ya know how it turns out and how much weight I gain!!! (I can blame it on this baby.. I think he's going to be a big one! But that's for another post!!!)

2 comments:

Grandmama Mc said...

I am soooo jealous! The expressions on the kids faces remind me of you and Scott in Virginia - a mixture of excitement about the snow and "Please take this picture so we can go back inside, Mom!"
Have fun in it for me... and Dad says you can keep it all up there!!
Wish I was there!

Angel said...

Katie will be jealous to see all of your snow. We are toasty warm down here in the south. :-)