THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Birthday FUN!!!

We had a pretty good day today. 6 Cadets came to celebrate Brodie's birthday with us. We had tacos, nachos, rice (you'd be proud of me, Dad... it turned out!) Mexican Eggrolls and of course CAKE!!! The cadets helped deck Brodie out in Princess gear... glasses and a Fairy princess outfit, complete with wings and slippers! She got a really cool Princess purse with brushes, mirrors and even lipstick! (she calls it her "marker") She absolutely loves her Princess Tea Set!!! She immediately went up and had a "tea party" with Randy and Riley at her Princess Table. (pictures in another post...)



Here's the Princess Cake that I made for Brodie. It turned out better than I thought it would. It actually ended up being 4 layers, a lot of cake, but it made it look better than being smaller. The hardest thing was taking it apart when it was time to eat it! I look forward to the next one I can make.. the boys have already picked out their castles for their birthday, so it's going to be fun!





We were singing "Happy Birthday" to Brodie and she wasn't quite sure about it till she found out she would get to blow the candles out! Then she couldn't wait for us to finish! (Those are two of our Cadets behind her.. they are tooo cool!)





Here's Brodie's favorite part!!! She was upset she only had 2 candles to blow out, so we re-lit them and she did it again! She would clap after she finished and look around to make sure everyone else was clapping, too! She seemed to have a good day. She danced for the girls here and tried on her sunglasses over and over again.


I did learn a few good things in the past two days preparing for today and I thought I would share them:
1. Never put your contacts in after you cut an onion. Even if you wash your hands, wait. I'd suggest you wait about a week before you put your contacts in if you have come into contact with an onion!
2. Liquid Cheer can cover the floor of a 4x6 laundry room in under 10 seconds. It's really hard to clean up (even though it's soap!!!) and when you put towels you've used to clean them in the washing machine it makes A LOT of bubbles.
3. Baking Soda refreshes the carpet when sprinked and vaccumed. And the sofa. And the coffee table. And a 2 year old girl.

So... those are my "Heloise Hints" for today!

2 comments:

Angel said...

I KNOW what you mean about the onion and contacts! It stings for a minute or so! BUT I am glad I don't know what you mean about the liquid laundry detergent. TOO funny. OH...WOW.... you did an amazing job on the cake. It is gorgeous! Brodie's card will be late, but I am sending one. :-) And I can't stand your street name. I will never remember how to spell it no matter how many cards come your way!! Hugs to ya!

Mommahen said...

Okay, I've got one better than onion--try jalapenos! And it works for taking them out as much as putting them in. I was chopping jalapenos to make salsa and after I was done I went to take my contacts out...it stung taking them out, but putting them back in the next day!! FIRE!!!! The optomotrist said what I did was equal to a chemical burn of the eye. I couldn't wear contacts for a week!

The cake is BEAUTIFUL! How many gifts you've been given!I only wish I had that much creative talent in my pinkie! Always know that your kids will forever remember the effort you put into everything you do for them--the effort will forever be etched in their hearts--long after the action is forgotten. What an example you are.