THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Camping we did go....

This weekend found us camping in the woods of New York. We had a really good time, despite the RAIN that started to fall Friday night and continued until AFTER we had taken down all the tents to prepare to go home Saturday afternoon. The boys earned quite a few of their Wolf Achievements and Electives. They got to light the Campfire at the Pack Meeting Friday night, too. They even earned a patch for that! We took several nature hikes, played lots of games and one of our Wolves even caught a fish for all to see!
Here is a picture of my Wolves singing songs around the Den campfire. They did an awesome job outsinging the adults. They are good group of boys and I think a good time was had by all. They kept their spirits, and energy levels, up even when soaking wet!
Brodie got to go shopping with Daddy. She had a rough night, but now he has an idea of what I've been through the last 2 years! One night won't hurt him! I know I will be VERY thankful for my comfortable, soft bed after sleeping on the ground last night! Now I can see why some people take air mattresses with them! Nothing wrong with advancements in technology (and portable beds!)
Now comes the fun of cleaning up all the mud from our wonderful experience. Maybe I should invent a disposable Tent....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

0 comments: