My friend Angel has been doing some Sketches from Sara and their creations have been so inspiring I decided I wanted to play, too. I picked a Sketch that I thought would work with the project I needed to do and I am pleased. It really helped me start with something in mind and having something to work with, yet allowing me to be creative on my own. I decided on Sketch #20. I am making birthday invitations for Brodie's 2nd birthday, and thought the 3 boxes worked awesome to spell out TWO. I wasn't sure about the oval, but decided on "sweet" since that's what she is most of the time! I have been looking for an exuse to use the flower punch I picked up on sale at Michaels several months ago, so I had to add it in!
Details: I wanted it to be bright and colorful for the little girl she is, so I went bold and bright. I got my color inspiration from the DP "Sweet" and went from there. Green Galore CS, a strip of Tempting Turquoise under the DP, the letters are stamped in Tempting Turquoise layer on YoYo Yellow and Marvelous Magenta. The oval is cut using the CM oval cutter, stamped in Tempting Turquoise and layered on TT as well. The flowers are cut out of, again, Tempting Turquoise, YoYo Yellow and Marvelous Magenta. We have a new family that just moved in down the street and I wanted to give them a "welcome card." I looked through my selection and found this perfect one that I got in a card swap oh, so long ago when I was a SU! Demonstator. Lori C did this card and I THANK HER since the card is perfect, quick and ready to go! Our neighbor has 3 little boys and one due as of yesterday, and they just moved in last week, so I wanted to give her husband something with my name and number on it in case he needed anything.
So, now that I am completely inspired, I'm going to go stamp... but first.. the UPS man just delivered Brodie's BIG GIRL bed, so I have to go have some fun setting that up, first. We also got her birthday presents from Grandma and Grandpa Hale... THANK YOU!!! I can't wait to see her face when she opens them! We decided to do her room in Princess since she loves them... but I'm hoping it doesn't look like Disney threw up when we are done! She has Princess bedding, a little table and chairs, a toy box... but everything else is pink and purple, so I think that will tone down the Princess explosion!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Stamping fun! (finally!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
TWO sweet! :-)
Post a Comment