Today the boys' had a "Character Parade" at their school. The students were encouraged to dress up as a character from a book and then they had a parade. It was quite cute, actually!
The boys went as Oompa Loompas from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory... the original with Gene Wilder!!! Their faces will be painted orange tonight, but the rest is pretty good!
Here's Riley looking for me. He walked by me the first loop and didn't even see us. They are so cute!!!! All the kids were adorable in their outfits. And of course, Brodie had to do her part, too! She would not stand still at the parade and had to dance with the music. I tried to take several pictures of her, but they were all so blurry she was dancing so fast! She kepts pointing out all the costumes she knew... especially the "pincess" and "formers" of which there were LOTS!!!
Now I'm off to get dinner fixed and done so we can go hit the streets! I found a dress for Brodie, so hopefully it will all work out. I'll take more pictures tonight!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Character Parade
Posted by ~Shade of my Heart~ at 3:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Even though so many things have to be PC these days, I think having a "character parade" is an AWESOME way of maintaining just a bit more of the children's fun.
And the costumes are too creative.
Post a Comment