THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Stamping, Stamping and more Stamping!

Sketch #19 of Angel's 31 Days of Angelosity. What can I say.... I REALLY liked this sketch! It was so simple, yet I LOVE the look of the cards! I really had fun doing these cards and I think I may come back to it tomorrow and do more!
The top one has a special place... it uses "Sugar & Spice" stamp set. That was my very FIRST SU! Set and it carries fond memories! Mellow Moss and White CS are all I used. The DP is something I bought to use incase this baby was a girl, so I am glad I found a pretty card to use it with. It's by Provo Craft, but I don't know the name. Peach narrow organdy ribbon ties off the Vellum Quote from Deja Views Fresh Views. I used Mellow Moss and Creamy Caramel ink pads along with my blender pen and a pink watercolor pencil for the coloring. Edge of stamped image is distressed and then sponged with Creamy Caramel on the edges to soften the white.
The one on the left is Perfect Plum and River Rock CS. Mixed Stripe DP with a vellum quote from Deja Views Fresh Views stack and wide vanilla organdy ribbon, tied off with a bit of twine. Stamp is from Seaside Sketches, another one of my favorites! watercolored with watercolor pencils as close as I could match to the paper.
The right one is Baroque Burgandy and Old Olive with White CS. DP from I'm not sure what stack. White Grogain ribbon and Seaside Sketches again is the stamp set. Verse is stamped in Balck. Edge of stamped image is distressed with my distresser. Image is colored with Prismcolor colored pencils and blended with Mineral Spirits and a Blending Stump! I LOVE this technique! I need to find some more Prismcolor pencils for I was limited to only 4 colors! They give the best blending and color defination! (My crayola colored pencils just don't do the technique justice!)
So.. that was my fun stamping adventure today! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!!!

1 comments:

Angel said...

Oooohh... I really like these, Trace! Especially the Friends for Life one! Who are you sending that to anyway? hmm mm!! {wink} Love ya!