THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Today's sketch and more

Today's sketch used one of my favorite color combo and stamp sets. Angel had a Quick Card Class and these were the 3 colors she used... I fell in love with the combo and if SU ever discontinues any of these colors, I'll protest! I know the layout isn't exactly like Sketch #25 of Angel's 31 Days of Angelosity, but I used my creative license and made it work for the card I had in mind. (Read that as, I cut the cardstock wrong, so I had to try and figure out how to save the card!) It's still basically the same layout, just switched around. Anyway, the Stamp Set is Botanicals... (I am SO glad I got this one before it was discontinued!!!) Colors are More Mustard, Old Olive and Ruby Red. Ink is Old Olive. Square Ruby Red Eyelets and Narrow White Grograin Ribbon. Simple, huh? Yet, elegant and comes together nicely.



I can't say home much the Sketches Angel has created have come in handy already! Last night, I realized I hadn't made cards for the boys' teachers. I wanted something quick, simple and yet perfect for Halloween. I realized I didn't have a stamp set I could use, but found these 3 little guys in the Year Round Fun set, so it works perfectly! I can see myself using this set for every holiday! This is from Sketch #10. I LOVE this layout!!! I managed to make 4 cards in about 10 min total time. They were so quick, easy and I love the look! This is going to be a sketch I overuse!!!

Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black and White are the colors. Year Round Fun (I think that's the name) are the stamps and I watercolored in the images with Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green and Going Grey. Happy Halloween from More Great Greetings (again, I THINK that's the name) stamped in Craft White.

I'm off to find something for Brodie to wear tonight. I didn't have any luck yesterday, so I'm hoping the PX here will have SOMETHING that will work! Nothing like waiting till the last minute! I seem to do my best work under pressure!!

0 comments: