THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 9, 2007

Strange and Fishy

ast night, I was downstairs getting Brodie ready for bed. The boys were upstairs watching a movie and Jason was still at work. I thought I heard a baby crying, but realized it must have been on the movie the boys were watching and didn't think too much of it. Not 2 seconds later, I heard it again, and KNEW it wasn't a movie. I hurried upstairs not knowing why I could hear a baby crying... maybe the boys opened a window and there was a family outside... who knew. I heard it VERY clearly when I got to the top of the stairs and realized it was coming from my room and it was VERY loud. Brodie was at my side, so I knew it wasn't her. As I walked in my room the lights on Brodie's monitor lit up all the way... 5 full lights. Strange. I walked down the hall to her room even more confused. I checked her monitor in the corner of her crib and it was unplugged....wierd! Normally, when her monitor is unplugged, all I get is static through my monitor. This was definately NOT static, but baby. I know it probably doesn't sound intresting to y'all, but it was WIERD! There is only one baby in our cul-de-sac and I know they were gone last night... (hear Twilight Zone music playing here...) maybe it was God testing me to see how fast I can respond to a baby, but it was really wierd.

On a cuter note... we bought a fish today for the kids. Just a simple Betta and small tank. Trying to give Riley something to take pride in and show he can be responsibility. We were talking about what to name it...Brodie decided on "Fishy," and Randy was convinced that the store named the fish already. He kept telling me, "He already has a name, Mom. We can't give him another name!" He was very serious about it, so I asked him why he thought the fish had already been named. He retrieved the lid from the pathetic little bowl the store called a "home" and showed me the label. Randy then pointed to the second word in the first line of "instructions."
1. Feed sparingly once or twice a day.
As he pointed to "sparingly", he said "See, Mom. That's his name right there. I told you they named him already! Oh the cute minds of kids!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you say SIGNS?! M. Night Shamylan has already covered the freaky monitor frequencies...let me know if you see any wierd crop signs. Oh wait you probably don't see many crops, maybe wierd tree trimmings. Nontheless let me know...

Mommahen said...

Alright far away friend, I THINK I might be ready to send off your package this week--be on the look out in the coming week for a taste of Texas. And Burrito cravings be gone! That's all I'm sayin'. Love ya!