THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Caught up and tired....

It felt good to finally stamp again! It's like visiting an old friend! I had 4 Sketches to do today to catch up to Angel's 31 Days of Angelosity. I think I did a fairly good job! Three of them were cards that I needed to make, so it was a perfect challenge!!! Now I'm tired and ready for bed, but I can't wait to see what tomorrow's Sketch will hold!!!

This is Sketch #14. For this one, I stuck with YoYo Yellow and Basic Black. My Secret Sister loves West Point, where we are stationed, and those are the colors of the school... so I went with that for her gift this week! I found a really cool stencil that I wanted to try out, so I sponged the beehive in Creamy Caramel, the bees in Black and then Q-tipped the yellow in the bees. I'm not really happy with the words, but it works.






This one was too much fun! This is Sketch #15. I am having a baby shower (yeah!) and I offered to help the lady hosting it to make the invitations since she works all day. Yes, I know, but all the more reason to stamp!!! This is the set my announcements will be made out of, as well as the thank you cards and the accents in his room... and the colors are his "theme" colors. I really liked how it came out.
Bundle of Joy is the set, along with words I don't know where they came from. Colors are Wild Wasabi, So Saffron and Ballet Blue. Giraffe is blended in Chocolate Chip and More Mustard. So Saffron Eyelets finish the card.


For Sketch #16, I took the "color challenge" by Angel and incorporated Summer Sun and Pumpkin Pie into my card. Somehow in ordering the new colors I overlooked Bravo Burgundy, so I can't play along with that color.
This is Fall Whimsy stamp set, which I absolutely love but don't give enough ink time. Colors are Summer Sun, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie. Leaf is watercolored with Orange using a cool new technique I learned from Angel, but I think my mineral spirits have expired so I didn't get the look I was hoping for. Need to find some new Spirits!!!


For Sketch #17, I used Angel's colors again, Summer Sun and Pumpkin Pie, adding Chocolate Chip and Ruby Red, too. This time I used the Pumpkin from Fall Whimsy, blending the pumpkin with Pumpkin Pie (what else) and Old Olive, with a little shadow of Chocolate Chip. I think the other stamp set is Background Sampler, but not sure. I added the background behind the pumpkin as an after thought to try to balance out the card. These are actually invitations for cadets who are not going home for Thanksgiving... I think they will be well received. (At least I know the food will be welcomed!!!) I made 20 of them, but decided to only take a picture of one!

So, that is me caught up... for now! I hope not to get so far behind next time!!!

2 comments:

Angel said...

You catch up with a bang! Love your cards! You can use either the old or new Burgundy in the color challenge if you want to try it! But I love your cards and if you hadn't told me you didn't use burgundy I don't think I would have known unless I enlarged your pic....LOL
I am SO glad you're playing along!

Samm said...

Gorgeous cards!

Thanks for playing along with my blog challenge!

Samm
x